[Remind-Fans] From remind to Google calendar

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Sep 19 08:58:48 EDT 2007

Mark Atwood wrote:

> You really can't, in general.  You can't do a true sync between remind
> and ics, because it has no concept of a uid for the events or
> eventgroups.

The latest version of Remind has a -y flag that synthesizes a (very probably)
unique identifier for each reminders.  So that takes care of
Remind -> ical.

Going the other way, it's best just to dump your entire set of ical reminders
into a separate reminder file that you INCLUDE.

I don't use ical or other calendar systems, so I have no idea how well
this works in practice...

Regards,

David.