[Remind-Fans] Remind + Gcal/ical Cross Sync

Justin Alcorn justin at jalcorn.net
Wed Sep 19 09:56:34 EDT 2007

I do ical2rem so I have both my calendar entries and my 'reminder'
stuff, then I wrote a PHP based portal and use the following code to put
my reminders on a web page:

<?php
system('/<path>/local/bin/remind -q -iweb=1 /<path>/.reminders | sed
"s/$/<br \/>/"');
?>

the -iweb=1 sets the environment variable 'web'.  in my defs.rem file, I
have this:

IF defined("web")
    SET Sep "<span class='comment'>"
    SET NrmPre "<span class='normal'>"
    SET Nrm   "</span>"
    SET Blk   "<span>"
    SET Red   "<span class='important'>"
    SET Grn   "<span>"
    SET Ylw   "<span>"
    SET Blu   "<span class='notice'>"
    SET Mag   "<span>"
    SET Cyn   "<span>"
    SET Wht   "<span>"
    SET Gry   "<span>"
    SET BrRed "<span class='urgent'>"
    SET BrGrn "<span>"
    SET BrYlw "<span>"
    SET BrBlu "<span class='warning'>"
    SET BrMag "<span>"
    SET BrCyn "<span>"
    SET BrWht "<span>"
    SET Bull  "&bull;"
    FSET msgprefix(x) iif(x<999, BrRed, x<1001, Red, x<1400,
BrBlu,x<5000, Blu, x==9999, Sep,Bull+" "+NrmPre)
#   FSET msgsuffix(x) Nrm
ELSE
    IF (defined("plain"))
        SET Esc   ""
        SET Nrm   ""
        SET Blk   ""
        SET Red   ""
        SET Grn   ""
        SET Ylw   ""
        SET Blu   ""
        SET Mag   ""
        SET Cyn   ""
        SET Wht   ""
        SET Gry   ""
        SET BrRed ""
        SET BrGrn ""
        SET BrYlw ""
        SET BrBlu ""
        SET BrMag ""
        SET BrCyn ""
        SET BrWht ""
    ELSE
        SET Esc   CHAR(27)
        SET Nrm   Esc + "[0m"
        SET Blk   Esc + "[0;30m"
        SET Red   Esc + "[0;31m"
        SET Grn   Esc + "[0;32m"
        SET Ylw   Esc + "[0;33m"
        SET Blu   Esc + "[0;34m"
        SET Mag   Esc + "[0;35m"
        SET Cyn   Esc + "[0;36m"
        SET Wht   Esc + "[0;37m"
        SET Gry   Esc + "[30;1m"
        SET BrRed Esc + "[31;1m"
        SET BrGrn Esc + "[32;1m"
        SET BrYlw Esc + "[33;1m"
        SET BrBlu Esc + "[34;1m"
        SET BrMag Esc + "[35;1m"
        SET BrCyn Esc + "[36;1m"
        SET BrWht Esc + "[37;1m"
            FSET msgprefix(x) iif(x<998, BrRed, x<1000, Red, x<2000,
BrBlu, x<5000, Blu, Nrm)
        #   FSET msgsuffix(x) Nrm
    ENDIF
ENDIF

That way, I use -iplain=1 when I'm using a cronjob to email my reminders
to me (every day at 6am and 5pm) and -iweb=1 when I'm including on a web
page, and nothing when I'm on the command line.

My .css files define the classes to look the way I want.