[Remind-Fans] Wyrd quick reminder (^M)

Paul Pelzl pelzlpj at eecs.umich.edu
Mon Jan 7 13:32:50 EST 2008

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 01:21:49PM -0500, Ben Heard wrote:
> I'm using Wyrd 1.4.3 and Remind 03.01.03 under Cygwin on a Win2k box.
> The quick add ('q') feature adds both a CR and LF to the end of the
> line in the .reminders file.  This throws off the display of the event
> in Wyrd.  Removed, the display looks fine.  Is there a way to change
> the default behavior of the quick reminder to not put the CR in?

I'd have to look at the code to verify, but I expect that Wyrd is using
OCaml's end-of-line encoding, which varies depending on platform.  Did
you build Wyrd using a native Windows OCaml, or using a Cygwin OCaml?
If you used a native Windows OCaml, then this behavior makes sense; if
it's OCaml for Cygwin, then I might need to look into it further.

Paul