[Remind-Fans] any script to convert ics to rem format?

Justin Alcorn justin at jalcorn.net
Thu Feb 14 13:37:17 EST 2008

rem2ics.pl can handle a directory full of .ics files.  But if a specific
event is referred to more than once, it will create 2 separate .rem file
entries.   When you receive a meeting update, you now have 2 separate
.ics files referring to the same event?  I didn't know that was even
possible.

rem2ics.pl writes out REM statements as it encounters events.  To handle
the situation you are describing, it would have to build a structure in
memory, using unique IDs, and then apply changes to existing events.

Not impossible, but not something I need, so probably not something I'll
spend any time on in the near future.   The code is Open Source, so
anyone is welcome to modify it and release the changes.