[Remind-Fans] remind configuration mode for emacs

Henrik Grindal Bakken hgb at ifi.uio.no
Fri Feb 15 03:46:23 EST 2008

Shelagh Manton <shelagh.manton at gmail.com> writes:

> I remember people asking for one of these on this list.
>
> As I had a few days on hand and have always wanted to try my hand at
> writing a mode. I wrote one for remind.
>
> It has only been tested on GNU Emacs 22.1.50.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu,
> GTK+ Version 2.11.6). But I don't really anticipate any problems as
> there are no surprising code. I suppose it might not be very useful
> for those who use emacs-nox. But, such as it is.
>
> There is one skeleton script (rem-skel) for entering a simple REM
> line in a configuration file. The keybinding for it is "\C-cr"

Looks useful.  One thing I'd like to see is a simple way to enter the
date.  I find myself quite often wanting to add an event that occurs
later the same day, so a quick short-hand for entering today's date
could be useful, perhaps.  I don't know if emacs has an interface to
timespec stuff, like for example the one at(1) and similar commands
use.

Just typing in 'next friday', 'tomorrow', or 'in four days' could be
useful.

--
Henrik Grindal Bakken <hgb at ifi.uio.no>
PGP ID: 8D436E52