[Remind-Fans] remind configuration mode for emacs

S K sk4list at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 15 04:45:50 EST 2008

> Looks useful.  One thing I'd like to see is a simple way to enter the
> date.  I find myself quite often wanting to add an event that occurs
> later the same day, so a quick short-hand for entering today's date
> could be useful, perhaps.  I don't know if emacs has an interface to
> timespec stuff, like for example the one at(1) and similar commands
> use.
>
> Just typing in 'next friday', 'tomorrow', or 'in four days' could be
> useful.

I ran into a Perl script that does something like this some time ago. Written by Charles Mauch, it
allows you to enter reminders like "rem in 30 minutes to go to gym" to the reminders file from the
commandline. Of course in this example, I have aliased 'rem' to the perl script.

Attached is the script. Note: I did not write this, Charles Mauch did. I just can't find his
webpage now and hence have attached the script in question.

SK