[Remind-Fans] Updated emacs mode for remind

Shelagh Manton shelagh.manton at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 19:42:53 EST 2008

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 12:27:05 -0500
"David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I made a bunch of fixes... please try this one out.
>
> o Case-insensitive keywords
> o Recognize "#" as a comment-starter
> o Don't highlight keywords that are not standalone words
> o Highlight strings.
>
> Regards,
>
> David.
[snip]

That's good. My regexp skills are very primitive. So any suggestions
are very welcome and learnt from.  The fancy optimised and very
impressive looking regexps were made with regexp-opt.el. You just feed
it a list of strings and it makes the regexp.

I can't get the perl regexp syntax "\s" for spaces to work
so I used the elisp "\\<" "\\>" patterns to signal beginning and end of
words. That works. The deltas just seem to need the space in the regexp
to indicate space, at least for me. And I gave the
remind-conf-strings-face a colour.

I also fixed a typo in the skeleton and included hopefully more helpful
prompts. I also put in your suggestions for case-fold-search. I'd
forgotten about that. And fixed up the #-style comments.

I will see if I can work out a simple time/date function that puts the
date in the proper format for remind. But as I am still learning elisp
don't expect speed :-)

I also want at some stage to make the variables customisable, as I just
picked random contrasting colours with no regard to aesthetics and
others might like an easy way to change the defaults.

Shelagh