[Remind-Fans] debian upgrade and remind no longer works

Rick Pasotto rick at niof.net
Fri Mar 14 11:58:21 EDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 09:01:39AM -0500, Kurt B. Kaiser wrote:
> "Christopher Browne" <cbbrowne at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I bugged the maintainer a couple months back, mentioning that there
> > were vastly newer versions of remind available.  The maintainer
> > indicated he was working on this; apparently it entered "testing" this
> > week, which is pretty apropos.
>
> The maintainer (me) is following this thread, but can't investigate the
> problem(s) mentioned for a couple of days due to PyCon.
>
> If you install tkremind, do these problems persist?

I think the point is that major changes to the functionality of a package
(like splitting tkremind off to a separate package or changing the command
from remind to rem) ought to be mentioned in an apt-listchanges.

--
"All men recognize the right of revolution; that is, the right to
 refuse allegiance to and to resist, the government, when its tyranny