[Remind-Fans] debian upgrade and remind no longer works

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 12:21:24 EDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 3:58 PM, Rick Pasotto <rick at niof.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 09:01:39AM -0500, Kurt B. Kaiser wrote:
>  > "Christopher Browne" <cbbrowne at gmail.com> writes:
>  >
>  > > I bugged the maintainer a couple months back, mentioning that there
>  > > were vastly newer versions of remind available.  The maintainer
>  > > indicated he was working on this; apparently it entered "testing" this
>  > > week, which is pretty apropos.
>  >
>  > The maintainer (me) is following this thread, but can't investigate the
>  > problem(s) mentioned for a couple of days due to PyCon.
>  >
>  > If you install tkremind, do these problems persist?
>
>  I think the point is that major changes to the functionality of a package
>  (like splitting tkremind off to a separate package or changing the command
>  from remind to rem) ought to be mentioned in an apt-listchanges.

Happily, there is plenty of opportunity for this to get fixed before
the packages make it into "stable" :-).
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and
expecting different results." -- assortedly attributed to Albert
Einstein, Benjamin Franklin, Rita Mae Brown, and Rudyard Kipling