[Remind-Fans] Please test: Development version of Remind

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Mar 24 14:32:43 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have a test version of Remind I'd like people to test, please.

To test it, you need to have "git" installed (http://git.or.cz)

Please check out the latest development release:

       cd /some/convenient/empty/directory
       git clone http://git.roaringpenguin.com/Remind.git

That will create a directory called "Remind" with the latest code checked out.
There are two major changes that need testing:

1) The following reminder:

REM UNTIL 5 may 2007 SATISFY [trigdate() > '2007-01-01'] MSG foo

produces a "Type mismatch" error in calendar mode.  It turns out I only
fixed the error for normal mode. :-(  Anyway, the latest git version should
fix it; please confirm.

2) Major new feature:  If you invoke remind with a directory name instead
of a filename (or use "INCLUDE /some/directory"), then Remind looks in
the directory for all files matching the pattern "*.rem" and reads them in
order.  (The sort order is exactly what the shell would give for "echo *.rem")

This lets you drop your reminder files into a directory.  For example, you
could organize reminders as:

      0-perpetual.rem
      2006.rem
      2007.rem
      2008.rem

or even:

      00-important.rem
      10-normal.rem
      20-low.rem

etc...  This feature needs lots of testing; please try breaking it.

Regards,

David.