[Remind-Fans] Recurring reminders in a different timezone

Tim Stoakes remind at stoakes.net
Sun Aug 31 23:36:01 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I work regularly across a handful of timezones, and I'd like my
reminders to do the same. I currently manage this using variations of:

REM [trigger(tzconvert('2008-9-1 at 13:00', "Australia/Adelaide"))] +15 DURATION 0:30 MSG foo

Then I can run remind/wyrd with a different timezone, and everything
works:

$ TZ=US/Pacific wyrd

I enter reminders at the date and time *and timezone* in which they
occur.

However, this doesn't apply well to recurring reminders. eg. a reminder
for every Mon 9:30 US/Pacific time would ideally show up as a reminder
on every Tues 2:00 if I'm running remind with TZ=Australia/Adelaide.
Maybe something like:

REM [trigger(tzconvert('Mon at 9:30', "US/Pacific"))] +15 DURATION 0:30 MSG foo

Any thoughts here are appreciated. Remind is great, but it's a bit
clunky when dealing with different timezones.

Thanks
Tim

--
Tim Stoakes