[Remind-Fans] Recurring reminders in a different timezone

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Sep 2 23:26:03 EDT 2008

Tim Stoakes wrote:

> Any thoughts here are appreciated. Remind is great, but it's a bit
> clunky when dealing with different timezones.

Agreed.  It has a design flaw in that it keeps "date" and "time"
separately, making it difficult/impossible to change the date in
response to a time-zone change.  This is unlikely to be fixed without
a complete redesign, unfortunately.

(In my defense, I started writing Remind on MS-DOS, never having
used UNIX, so it seemed like a good idea at the time... :-()

Regards,

David.