[Remind-Fans] Request for help with formula

Jorge Luis lists at jorge.cc
Thu Sep 25 13:25:42 EDT 2008

Hello,

I'm just getting started with Remind, using wyrd and wxremind.  I was
engaged on a blue moon (May 31, 2007).  I've managed to get a formula
that triggers every blue moon:

FSET isFirstFull(date) \
  monnum(moondate(2, date)) == monnum(moondate(2, moondate(2, date)+1))
REM 1 SATISFY isFirstFull(trigdate())
set blue moondate(2, moondate(2, trigdate())+1)
MSG Next blue moon is [trigger(blue)]

I'd like to refine this in two ways: first, I'd like it to trigger on
the date of a blue moon, not on every day preceding it; and second, I'd
like to have a similar formula that triggers on the blue moon
anniversary of my engagement, that is, on the next blue moon that occurs
on a May 31.

I'm a neophyte with these scripts and am hoping that someone with more
facility than my own can help me derive these two formulae.

Thanks for any help, and thanks for a great program!

Regards,

	JL

--
Jorge Luis <lists at jorge.cc>