[Remind-Fans] ASCII Calendar Sends Form Feed

Jorge Luis lists at jorge.cc
Tue Oct 14 17:53:10 EDT 2008

I use remind on FreeBSD 6.2 from ports and on Debian Etch.  In both
cases, remind -c terminates output with a form feed character (^L on
most terminals), which has the effect of clearing the screen immediately
after the calendar is drawn.

I can pipe the calendar through less, and remind -c+4 doesn't produce
the form feed, so there are workarounds for me, but I thought perhaps
I'm giving the wrong switch, or have a problem function defined in my
.reminders files.

Is this expected behavior?

And pardon me for mixing threads, but I can't seem to feed a date spec
to the program properly.  I've tried every permutation of
date-month-year, escaped in every way possible, but trying to run remind
for any day but today produces the help text.  What's the proper format
for the command line date?

In both cases, I should confess that I've loaded up my .reminders file
with dozens of functions that I've picked up on the web.  But moving
them out of the way temporarily doesn't seem to change things.

Thanks for the wonderful program.

	JL

--
JL <lists at jorge.cc>
Live like the bourgeoisie; think like a demigod.  -- Flaubert