[Remind-Fans] Remind 3.1.6 is Released - Sunrise/Sunset bug still exists

Dougie Lawson dougie.lawson at ukonline.co.uk
Mon Nov 17 13:56:11 EST 2008

Quoting "Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier at digitaltorque.ca>:

> On 16/11/08 Dougie Lawson said:
>
> > I've just pulled the latest version, updated custom.h for my
> lat/long
> > settings and the sunrise()/sunset() functions are still not
> working.
>
> This is what I'm using in Ottawa, with no compile-time changes.
>
> SET $LatDeg 45
> SET $LatMin 16
> SET $LatSec 31
> SET $LongDeg 75
> SET $LongMin 55
> SET $LongSec 13
>
> Mike

I've hacked around the problem. I've added six new local (not extern)
integers to funcs.c and updated the maths to use them. It now gets the
right results for sunrise and sunset, but gets the wrong results for rem
-dv. I'm completely puzzled how the extern values get scrambled (unless
there's some sort of array going out of bounds or something), but if
nobody else gets the sunrise/sunset bug I'm assuming it's a bug in my
version of gcc/libc.

Regards, Dougie.