[Remind-Fans] OMIT weekends and holidays

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz remind at numerixtechnology.de
Wed Feb 11 10:36:46 EST 2009

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 21:17:23 +0000
Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz <remind at numerixtechnology.de> wrote:

> I would like to be reminded of automated bank payments on the due
> date. Payments for the scheduled day of the month take place on a
> working day on or after that date.
>

> I thought I had this sussed but one of my payment reminders does not
> work:
>
> OMITted bank holidays:
> - 1st Monday in May (4th May 2009)
>

> FSET _lastweek() trigger(today()-7)
>
> REM 04 SCAN [_lastweek()] +7 OMIT Sat Sun AFTER MSG insurance due %v
>

> The insurance payment reminder says on 4th May that payment is due
> "tomorrow". But it does NOT trigger on the 5th, the due date.

The problem was with my "1st Monday in May" OMIT

REM Mon 1 May SATISFY [TRUE]
OMIT [_trig()] MSG %"May Bank Holiday%"

On the day after the holiday the holiday was no longer triggered for
this year. Once I added "SCAN [_lastweek()]" to the holiday reminder,
the insurance reminder popped up on the due date.

--

Best Regards,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz

A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion