[Remind-Fans] OMIT weekends and holidays

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz remind at numerixtechnology.de
Mon Feb 16 10:27:37 EST 2009

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 17:04:53 -0500
"David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz wrote:
>
> > REM 13 OMIT Sat Sun AFTER +4 MSG pay bill
>
> > Another thing that caught me out: the delta of +4 does give me
> > advance warnings on omitted days although these are not counted.
>
> > How can I achieve 4 advance messages issued on working days only?
>
> I don't have a particularly clean solution... this is the best
> I could come up with:
>
> FSET _working_day(x) wkdaynum(x) > 0 && wkdaynum(x) < 6
> && !isomitted(x)
>
> IF _working_day(today())
>     REM 13 OMIT Sat Sun AFTER +4 MSG pay bill
> ENDIF

Thank you for your prompt replies, David.

Your above suggestion does the trick. It's just a shame that my remind
file will look a bit cluttered as most my payment reminders would
follow that logic.

Seeing as remind offers ++ and + to treat omitted days differently,
what was the idea behind + not counting omitted days but messaging
anyway?

--

Best Regards,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz