[Remind-Fans] OMIT weekends and holidays

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz remind at numerixtechnology.de
Mon Feb 16 18:37:33 EST 2009

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 15:27:37 +0000
Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz <remind at numerixtechnology.de> wrote:

> Seeing as remind offers ++ and + to treat omitted days differently,

Continuing the topic of back and delta with omit ...

REM Mon 1 May SCANFROM [_lastweek()] SATISFY [TRUE]
OMIT [trigger(trigdate())]  MSG May Bank Holiday

REM 2 OMIT Sat Sun AFTER ++7 -1 MSG fund account %v

On the working day on or following the 2nd of the month a standing
order payment is carried out.
On the calendar day prior to the payment I need a reminder to fund the
account.

AFTER pushes the trigger, quite correctly, after any holidays and
weekends. -1 moves the trigger date to the previous working (not
calendar) day.

I could do with something like a --1 which ignores the OMITs. ;-)

Do I have to do this in 2 statements?, e.g.:
REM 2 OMIT Sat Sun AFTER -1 SATISFY 1
REM [trigger(trigdate()-1)] MSG fund account %v

I also tried
REM trigger(trigdate())] -1 MSG fund account %v
but this produced the message on Sunday 3rd rather than Bank Holiday
Monday 4th May. Why?

--

Best Regards,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz