[Remind-Fans] keeping it short and simple

Ian! D. Allen idallen at idallen.ca
Fri Feb 27 11:37:20 EST 2009

March 17 to March 19 I want a three day reminder for "foo".
I want it in the calendar attached to a URL with some background shading.
I want a text reminder as well, but I want text warnings of the event
starting three days before, and this must not affect the calendar entry.

Is this the smallest set of Remind code that will do it?

----------------------------------

# Set the shading of each day.
#
SET shadeR 255
SET shadeG 255
SET shadeB 255

[... lots of other reminders that may adjust shading ...]

set t "foo"
set d "Mar 17 2009 *1 UNTIL Mar 19 2009"
REM [d] ++3 PRIORITY 0000 MSG %"%"[t] %b%
IFTRIG [d]
    SET shadeR shadeR -55
    SET shadeG shadeG -0
    SET shadeB shadeB -55
ENDIF

[... lots of other reminders that may adjust shading ...]

REM PRIORITY 0000 SPECIAL SHADE [shadeR] [shadeG] [shadeB]

It would be nice and tidy to put the REM inside the IFTRIG, but doing so
means that the ++3 doesn't work.  Adding ++3 to the IFTRIG means the whole
thing triggers three days in advance, so the calendar is wrong.  The above
seems to be the best I can do.  Anyone make it shorter?