[Remind-Fans] OMIT weekends and holidays

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz remind at numerixtechnology.de
Sun Jul 12 13:54:41 EDT 2009

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 17:04:53 -0500
"David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

>Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz wrote:
>
>> REM 13 OMIT Sat Sun AFTER +4 MSG pay bill
>
>> Another thing that caught me out: the delta of +4 does give me
>> advance warnings on omitted days although these are not counted.
>
>> How can I achieve 4 advance messages issued on working days only?
>
>I don't have a particularly clean solution... this is the best
>I could come up with:
>
>FSET _working_day(x) wkdaynum(x) > 0 && wkdaynum(x) < 6
>&& !isomitted(x)
>
>IF _working_day(today())
>    REM 13 OMIT Sat Sun AFTER +4 MSG pay bill
>ENDIF
>
>Regards,
>David.

I am having a bit of a remind weekend here, which reminds me of above
problem.

I have come up with alternatives but none of the solutions are
particularly clean:

#Monday 4th May 2009 has been omitted.
FSET _w1 (i) choose(i,-4, -3,-2,-1,0)
FSET _w2 (i) (-(DELTA-i+1))

REM 5 may 2009 OMIT Sat Sun +4 MSG warning with delta
REM 5 may 2009 OMIT Sat Sun WARN _w1 MSG warning with choose
SET DELTA 4
REM 5 may 2009 OMIT Sat Sun WARN _w2 MSG warning with my func

Reminder one gives 4 warnings on working days but also a warning on on
each omitted day unless I use the wrapper you suggested above.

Reminder two does exactly what I want but is not very flexible in as
much as I need a different parameter list for a different delta.

Reminder three does what I want and is completely flexible but it's a
bit of a dirty hack parameterizing warn_function with a global variable.

You probably think I am a bit pernickety trying to get rid of a few
extra reminders which don't do much harm. ;-) I am trying to declutter
my weekend reminders when I don't deal with payments.

This is the first time I have played with WARN - very powerful! I
presume it is normally only every used in conjunction with choose()?

--

Best Regards,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz