[Remind-Fans] Synchronizing tools for Remind?

Christoph Blank sol at textmode.at
Wed Mar 11 19:35:09 EDT 2009

Hi,

> For displaying entries from my Google calendar in remind, I use a script
> to download the Google .ics files and pipe them through ical2rem.pl,
> available at <http://wiki.43folders.com/index.php/ICal2Rem>.  The script
> overwrites ~/.remind/gcal.rem with the output, and I have "INCLUDE
> /home/edgewood/.remind/gcal.rem" in my ~/.reminders.

Yep I think that's what I'll do now
I think the only working solution to do the other way around is to
use the import by url feature of google calendar (and the rem2ical
script).

I looked at various tools to synchronize calendars, like opensync
for example ... but somehow this isn't really stable.

Unfortunately google cannot sync with a flat .ics file, only import
it. If this would be possible, it would enable quite a lot of
calendar applications to work with google calendar as a web frontent
.. :/

Thanks for the suggestions,
Christoph