[Remind-Fans] Remind 03.01.07 is Released

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz remind at numerixtechnology.de
Wed Jul 8 17:33:22 EDT 2009

On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 16:30:21 -0400
"David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

>Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz wrote:
>
>> If the substitution filters could translate past trigger dates to
>> "yesterday" and full date when longer ago, that would be the icing on
>> the cake. It would make forgotten events so much more obvious.
>
>Hmm...  How can you ever have something trigger on a past date?
>I'd need to see a use-case for this.  (Other than an explicit
>"dosubst()" call, I can't see how the substitution filter will ever get
>a date in the past.)

I use this quite a lot for payments (credit card) or reminders to move
money out to an interest bearing account:

REM 05 Jul 2009 *1 MSG Bank of Scotland money out %v
REM 04 Jul 2009 *1 MSG Barclaycard due %v

Say, I am expecting a credit to my current account but I don't know
exactly when it is going to arrive. I enter a nag like the one above,
which prompts me to check my account everyday.

There are situations when I am busy or simply overlook reminders and
when that happens the reminder will still be there next day and I might
not be aware that a payment is overdue. OK, it would be too late by
that point anyway but it is not very helpful that the reminder is stuck
on "today" whereas if it said "yesterday" or quoted the day, the alarm
bells would go off.

--

Best Regards,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz