[Remind-Fans] Remind 03.01.07 is Released

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz remind at numerixtechnology.de
Tue Aug 4 18:52:18 EDT 2009

On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 22:33:22 +0100
Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz <remind at numerixtechnology.de> wrote:

>On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 16:30:21 -0400
>"David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:
>
>>Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz wrote:
>>
>>> If the substitution filters could translate past trigger dates to
>>> "yesterday" and full date when longer ago, that would be the icing
>>> on the cake. It would make forgotten events so much more obvious.
>>
>>Hmm...  How can you ever have something trigger on a past date? [...]
>
>I use this quite a lot for payments (credit card) or reminders to move
>money out to an interest bearing account:
>
>REM 05 Jul 2009 *1 MSG Bank of Scotland money out %v

I have come to realize that my idea does not fit with the concept
of /repeat/.

In above example I am using the repeat factor as a safety net the idea
being that if I did not read my daily reminder on the due date I will
still continue to be reminded. For remind, however, the repeats are new
trigdates (5th, 6th, 7th, ...) and consequently, the substitution
filter will have to show "today".

I also use the repeat for what it's intended - repeated trigdates:
REM 24 Jul 2009 *2 MSG water basil %v
in which case "today" is appropriate.

What I was trying to do in my first example is a bit more akin to what
you can do with the SCHED function (keep triggering after the AT time):

FSET football(x) choose (x,0,120,0)
REM 04 Aug 2009 AT 19:00 SCHED football MSG Sivasspor v Anderlecht %3

As far as I can see, you can't do something similar with the WARN
function though.

--

Best Regards,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz