[Remind-Fans] Color coded calendars.

Lenore Horner LenoreHorner at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 10 18:54:22 EDT 2009

On Sep 10, 2009, at 17:25 , Kevin Owens wrote:

> I just subscribed to the list and noticed this message from April
> 28, 2008:
>
> Has anyone written anything to colorize an entire INCLUDE'd file?
>
> It would be slick to be able to include one line at the start of a
> file that
> sets the color for every reminder it contains.  This way when your
> daily
> reminders are show you could see all the ones from ~/.reminders/
> home.rem in
> green and ~/.reminders/work.rem in chartreuse... or something like
> that.
>
> My alternative is just to wrap everything manually in color set
> commands...
> which isn't very nice.
>

> Any thoughts?
>
> I would love to see this too (more for PS output than HTML). A quick
> search for "color" on the list only brings up this message. Has any
> progress been made?
>
> Kevin
> _______
I tried defining a string replacement at the top of each file that
used the special command and a color triple, but wasn't successful.
I've ended up defining keyboard shortcuts for the requisite text in
several colors in my usual editor.  Clumsy in a sense, but it's a two-
key insertion now that my definitions are made.

Lenore