[Remind-Fans] Remind + GrowlNotify

Manu Kaul manu.kaul at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 13:38:17 EDT 2009

Just to add to the information by providing the versions of Remind and
GrowlNotify on my Mac,
Macintosh-3:~ manukaul$ remind

*REMIND 03.01.07 (English version) Copyright 1992-1998 David F. Skoll*
Copyright 1999-2009 Roaring Penguin Software Inc.
Usage: remind [options] filename [date] [time] [*rep]
 -n     Output next occurrence of reminders in simple format
 -r     Disable RUN directives
 -c[a][n] Produce a calendar for n (default 1) months
 -c[a]+[n] Produce a calendar for n (default 1) weeks
 -w[n[,p[,s]]]  Specify width, padding and spacing of calendar
 -s[a][+][n] Produce `simple calendar' for n (1) months (weeks)
 -p[a][n] Same as -s, but input compatible with rem2ps
 -l     Prefix each simple calendar line with line number and filename
comment
 -v     Verbose mode
 -o     Ignore ONCE directives
 -t[n]  Trigger all future (or those within `n' days)
 -h     `Hush' mode - be very quiet
 -a     Don't trigger timed reminders immediately - just queue them
 -q     Don't queue timed reminders
 -f     Trigger timed reminders by staying in foreground
 -z[n]  Enter daemon mode, waking every n (5) minutes.
 -d...  Debug: e=echo x=expr-eval t=trig v=dumpvars l=showline f=tracefiles
 -e     Divert messages normally sent to stderr to stdout
 -b[n]  Time format for cal: 0=am/pm, 1=24hr, 2=none
 -x[n]  Iteration limit for SATISFY clause (def=150)
 -kcmd  Run `cmd' for MSG-type reminders
 -g[dddd] Sort reminders by date, time, priority, and 'timedness'
 -ivar=val Initialize var to val and preserve var
 -m     Start calendar with Monday rather than Sunday
 -y     Synthesize tags for tagless reminders
Macintosh-3:~ manukaul$

*Macintosh-3:~ manukaul$ growlnotify -v*
*growlnotify 1.2*
Copyright (c) The Growl Project, 2004-2008