[Remind-Fans] Fwd: My Remind scheduling script and thoughts on growlnotify

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Sep 30 11:04:09 EDT 2009

Manu Kaul wrote:

> Still working on it using geektools. I get it to work but there are some
> annoying bits I want to iron out before I can post an alternative solution.
> In the meanwhile does anyone know if there is a way of picking up ONLY timed
> reminders? The thing is that I would like to see growl notifications for
> only the timed ones and not the DAILY ones... the problem arises because I
> use geektools to call reminder every 5 minutes or so and it keeps repeating
> the daily reminders as well
> So any ideas would be welcome.

The "-k" option is a kludge.  To do what you want, you'd really need
to isolate your timed reminders in their own file, and only run that
file with the "-k" option.

If you can hack with a scripting language, you might also want to investigate
the "-z0" option.  This puts Remind in "server mode" in which it runs as
a coprocess, communicating with another program over stdin/stdout.  This
is how TkRemind works; see the SERVER MODE section of the TkRemind man page.

Regards,

David.