[Remind-Fans] Approaches to remind and Blackberry/other PDA, handhelds, etc.?

Manu Kaul manu.kaul at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 13:50:00 EDT 2009

Hi Justin,Can you expand on how you convert REM entries in the .reminders
file to iCal format? I was trying to use rem2ics script but didn't get how
it worked or what format it was expecting the REM entries to be in so it
would convert it to an .ics file. Your help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
MK

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 7:44 PM, Justin Alcorn <justin at jalcorn.net> wrote:

> Use Google Calendar as the synchronization point, and the google sync
> for blackberry.  It works very well with one big hole: If you use "Add
> by URL" to sync a iCal calendar with Google Claendar, it doesn't pick
> up modifications to specifi appointments, but it does do add and
> delete appointments.
>
> I'm sure there are other ways, but that's how I do it.
>
> On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 6:54 PM, Brian P. Flaherty
> <bxf4 at u.washington.edu> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I use remind for my calendar, reminders, increasingly for to do items,
> > etc.  I synchronize (though not perfectly) my .reminders between a
> > laptop and desktop via a manually run makefile.  On my desktop, I have
> > cron-like (launchd on Mac) jobs that send my two week calendar and list
> > of reminders for the next two days to my work email address.  This has
> > been working reasonably well.
> >
> > I just got a Blackberry and I uncertain if or how I should try to
> > coordinate these two systems.  I'm writing to ask what others do?  I've
> > searched a bit, but not found anything yet.
> >
> > Thanks for your time and thoughts,
> >
> > Brian

The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and
falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
- Michelangelo