[Remind-Fans] Remind 3.1.8 is Released

Eric eric at deptj.eu
Wed Mar 10 14:25:11 EST 2010

> Mike Kelly wrote:
>
>>> o POLICY CHANGE: Discourage use of Remind on MS Windows or Apple Mac
>>> OS X.
>
>> Could you clarify what the implications of this new policy are for
>> users?
>
> Well, it's spelled out on the Remind home page:
>
> http://www.roaringpenguin.com/products/remind
>
>>From a technical point of view, the only difference is that the
> ./configure script pauses for 30 seconds on Cygwin or Mac OS X.
>
> Regards,
>
> David.

I have no problem with your opinions, but freedom is freedom, you can't
make exceptions for things you don't like. That's what freedom (and the
GPL) are about.

As for crippling the build, that is just ridiculous. I have the skill to
un-cripple it if I wanted and needed to, but I wouldn't bother for a
30-second delay - how often do you rebuild something anyway!

Eric