[Remind-Fans] rem preparser, etc

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Jun 29 14:43:20 EDT 2010

Bob Paver wrote:

> At the risk of upsetting the fan club...

> Are we loading remind with so many features that only a person with
> compiler creation experience can use it?

I think that happened about 5 years ago. :)

Seriously: I agree that Remind is not the place for contact lists and
contact management.  It *may* be appropriate to add better TODO support,
but Remind does not distinguish between "events" and "tasks" and it
doesn't handle events that extend over more than one day very gracefully.
Fixing that would be a major redesign.

Hacking Remind to handle multiple tags, though, is desirable.  That
feature won't get in the way of anyone who doesn't use it.

> Maybe I need the "Remind for Dummies" book. Is anyone working on that?

I might bite if a publisher expressed interest. :)

Regards,

David.