[Remind-Fans] Minimalist curses frontend with a navigable month view

Jostein Berntsen jbernts at broadpark.no
Thu Jan 6 11:26:21 EST 2011

On 04.01.11,22:28, Clemens Kaposi wrote:
> Jostein Berntsen <jbernts at broadpark.no> wrote:
> > When using "l" to scroll right through the days, the script does not
> > wrap at the end, but exits with:
> >
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "./obdaRemind.py", line 298, in <module>
> >     curses.wrapper(lambda stdscr: ObdaRemind(stdscr).run())
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/curses/wrapper.py", line 44, in wrapper
> >     return func(stdscr, *args, **kwds)
> >   File "./obdaRemind.py", line 298, in <lambda>
> >     curses.wrapper(lambda stdscr: ObdaRemind(stdscr).run())
> >   File "./obdaRemind.py", line 279, in run
> >     self.jump_days(1)
> >   File "./obdaRemind.py", line 234, in jump_days
> >     self.set_date(self.selected + datetime.timedelta(days))
> >   File "./obdaRemind.py", line 228, in set_date
> >     self.boxes['notes'].set_text('\n\n'.join(notes))
> > UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position
> > 1: ordinal not in range(128)
>
> Basically, it *does* wrap.  For example, if I am focusing Saturay,
> January 8, pressing `l` takes me to January 9.  Judging from your error
> message, there seems to be an encoding issue when the UI tries to update
> the reminders in the window on the right.  Does one of your reminders
> for the next day contain special (i.e., non-ASCII) characters?  (And, if
> yes: which one?)

I use the norwegian no_NO.utf8 charset with æ, ø and å characters.

> > 2. For days with many tasks it is not possible to see all in the
> > window on the right. Would be nice to have a scroll function to see
> > all tasks per day, as well as open a specific task by using enter.
>
> I like the scroll function idea, I’ll see what I can manage to do during
> the next couple of days.
>
> What do you mean by “opening” a specific task?

It would be great to choose a task in the window on the right and then
do enter on it to go to this task in the .reminders file.

> > 3. What is the second number in parenthesis at the top of the daily
> > tasks?$
>
> It provides the number of reminders for that day.

In my view there are two numbers at the top of the task. F.ex. for today
the first number says "(18)" which is the correct number of tasks. Below
this is a number "(6)" which I can't see what refers too. This is also
the only number in the window on the right.

Jostein