[Remind-Fans] periodic popup reminders for an event days away using remind and wxremalert

John Niendorf johnniendorf at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 10:54:20 EST 2011

------------------------------
Hi All,

Maybe someone can clarify this for me. ( I hope anyway)
I've read many web pages on how to write reminders using remind and the
addon wxremalert but don't find an answer to my question.

I need to do something on Monday, but I want a popup to remind me every so
often (say once an hour) for a few days before Monday and then not remind me
after Monday.

The problem I'm having is getting the once an hour popup to work. Both
popups work if I type rem into the terminal. I've checked and remind is
running in daemon mode.

I've tried

Code:

REM 15 Jan 2011 UNTIL Jan 18 2011 *1 RUN wxremalert -d1 % TEST% %

and

Code:

REM 15 January 2011 *1 UNTIL 18 January 2011 AT 12:00 +4320 *1 RUN
wxremalert -d1 % TEST2 %

The +4320 is supposed to be the number of minutes 3 days before noon on Jan
18 and the *1 is supposed to trigger a popup once a minute.

Does anyone have experience with this? I'd really appreciate any help.

Thank you,

John Niendorf