[Remind-Fans] CalcUTC (was "Remind now running on Android")

yard-ape at telus.net yard-ape at telus.net
Wed Jan 26 01:38:24 EST 2011

Noticing that remind doesn't calculate local time on Android ("MSG [minsfromutc()]" returns "0", and here in Vancouver, BC I'm a day behind at -480mins UTC), I added this to my .reminders:

SET $CalcUTC 0
SET $MinsFromUTC -480

...But running "remind ./.reminders" still returns 0 minsfromutc.

I checked on Slackware 13.0.  minsfromutc returns -480 as it ought to for my zone, but setting both those variables for testing had no effect.

I checked on my FreeBSD 8.1.  Same.  Timezone working automatically, but $CalcUTC and $MinsFromUTC have no effect.

It's not a surprise that it isn't calculating automatically on the Android host given library differences; but I'm wondering how to set these variables on any of my hosts.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?