[Remind-Fans] Add UK / Dutch public holidays

Ed Blackman ed at edgewood.to
Mon Jun 6 16:36:15 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 09:57:46PM +0200, Eric Smith wrote:
>What is a good way to automatically add these holidays to remind?
>Also something that works without maintainance year after year would
>be nice.

Depending on what you mean by maintenance, you could find a public iCal
calendar that has the holidays you're interested in, and set up a small
script to download it periodically (for calendars, once a week should be
more than often enough).  A Google search for "ical uk holidays" turned
up some likely-looking candidates, though I don't know anything about UK
holidays so have no basis to judge.

After the download, run ical2rem to convert the ics file to a reminders
file, then INCLUDE it where you want the holidays.

ical2rem seems to have gone missing from the original author's site, but
the latest version I know of is here:
http://wiki.grahamenglish.net/index.php/Ical2rem.pl

--
Ed Blackman