[Remind-Fans] Add UK / Dutch public holidays

Andrew Ho andrewho at andrewho.co.uk
Mon Jun 6 18:50:02 EDT 2011

Eric Smith <es at fruitcom.com> wrote [2011-06-06 21:57 +0200]:
>What is a good way to automatically add these holidays to remind?
>Also something that works without maintainance year after year would
>be nice.

Here's what I have:

     SET easter EASTERDATE(YEAR(TODAY()))
     REM Mon 01 Jan MSG New Year's Day bank holiday%
     REM [TRIGGER(easter - 2)] MSG Good Friday bank holiday%
     REM [TRIGGER(easter + 1)] MSG Easter Monday bank holiday%
     REM 29 Apr 2011 MSG Royal wedding bank holiday%
     REM Mon 01 May MSG May Day bank holiday%
     PUSH-OMIT-CONTEXT
         OMIT 28 May 2012
         REM Mon 01 Jun --7 SKIP MSG Spring bank holiday%
         REM 04 Jun 2012 MSG Spring bank holiday%
         REM 05 Jun 2012 MSG Queen's Diamond Jubilee bank holiday%
     POP-OMIT-CONTEXT
     REM Mon 01 Sep -7 MSG Summer bank holiday%
     REM Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri 25 Dec MSG Christmas Day bank holiday%
     REM 27 Dec SATISFY [wkdaynum(trigdate() - 1) == 1] \
        MSG Boxing Day bank holiday%
     REM 26 Dec SATISFY [wkdaynum(trigdate()) >= 2 && \
        wkdaynum(trigdate()) <= 5] MSG Boxing Day bank holiday%
     REM 28 Dec SATISFY [wkdaynum(trigdate() - 2) == 0 || \
        wkdaynum(trigdate() - 2) == 6] MSG Boxing Day bank holiday%

Note that these are for the bank holidays in England; I believe the rest of the
UK might have some slight variations.  Last time I checked, these worked
according to the generally accepted definitions of these holidays.  When I get
a bit more time (not likely in the near future) I'll add these to the remind
wiki.

Regards,
Andrew