[Remind-Fans] Remind error -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon Sep 19 17:42:53 EDT 2011

On 19/09/11 16:51, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> On 19/09/11 16:28, David F. Skoll wrote:
>> On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 16:13:51 -0400
>> Bob Goodwin<bobgoodwin at wildblue.net>  wrote:
>>
>>>          However when the data disappeared I retyped all of it with the
>>>          addition of "opt press rt 19  RX meds" and the display is
>>>          correct, just the annoying error message.
>> You sure there's no "[ress" anywhere?  It's easy to type [ instead of p
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> David.
>> ________
>
>        Yes, that is what I found when I grep'd the file as Bob Paver
>        suggested. I saw a notice not to edit that file so I just made a
>        copy before doing surgery but I know you are the remind
>        authority so I will wait for your suggestion.
>
>        I can type pretty fast using my own system but I do make
>        errors!Usually I just go back and fix them but in this case it
>        didn't fly ...
>
>        Bob

        Ok, I was able to repair the damage with a text editor. The text
        editors I tried would not work on .reminders so I copied it to
        reminders without the dot, and then copied the result back to
        the dot file and everything looks good again. That's probably
        not the right way to do it but being ignorant of the correct way
        I have to muddle through as best I can. I simply replaced the
        "[" with a "p". I also  moved it into a directory that makes a
        little more sense than the place where it evolved.

        Thanks to all,

        Bob