[Remind-Fans] Problem configuring Remind with Finnish language

Taavi taavi at simoset.net
Sat Dec 10 23:16:51 EST 2011

Long time ago I got rid of clocks, watches and calendars. But now as I'm
started to study again I can't manage without calendar/reminder. And I
found this one and it seems to be what I need. But I have one little
problem here. I'm using Puppy Linux. I installed Remaind first from debian
package and it worked ok. Then I noticed that I can get it translated in
my own language so I downloaded the source and compiled it with Finnish
language. Everything seem to work except when I try to run it with -c
option. When I do that, terminal starts to run empty lines. When I
configure Remind without Finnish, it works fine with c- option too and I
get my calendar showing in terminal.

This is one of the reminders I played with. Birthdays.

REM 15 February MSG Marjut.
REM 22 March MSG Irma.
REM 14 March MSG Matti.
REM 10 April MSG Väinö.
REM 25 April MSG Tuula.
REM 29 May MSG Hilkka.
REM 11 August MSG Taito.
REM 26 September MSG Minä.
REM 12 October MSG Rauno.
REM 10 December MSG Maija.

I tried this with month names in Finnish and everything worked but the -c
option. It's not a big deal, I can use English version of Remind. But you
know ... when there is this possibility and as you can clearly see when
reading this, English is not my native language. What am I doing wrong?
What you need to know to tell me what I'm doing wrong?

The good side here is that I have a reason to sit here with my computer
all night and then sleep all days and be too tired to read or write
anything to get my studies proceeding ... procrastination ...

Taavi