[Remind-Fans] Problem configuring Remind with Finnish language

Taavi taavi at simoset.net
Sun Dec 11 14:08:52 EST 2011

I found it. Something here thinks that Finnish word for wednesday -
keskiviikko - is too long: 2 letters too much. I chanced it to keskari but
I have to keep that private because in spoken language it can mean beer or
f*** finger. But now Remind works on my machine. Wonderful program. I'm
not any expert in computing (or english). I had Windows 98 in my first PC
and when XP came out I changed to Linux and after few trials I have been
with Puppy Linux. I remember how I found it. First I found Barry Kaulers
nice little vector graphics program called Eve. It was amazing, 74K bytes
and you could do crazy things with it. It's only program I still miss from
windows world. I noticed then that Kauler starded to prepare his own linux
distribution and I played with every new one he shared. The thing that I
liked in Linux was that I really could make it to do what I wanted and
nothing else and it didn't do any suspicious things behind my back. And
Remind is a program which goes straight with this idea. Of course this
takes me pretty much learning all the time, but I really like to know how
things work out. I've been trying and trying here for three days, but now
it works and thats that. Thanks for this great app! I have to go out to
plough.

Taavi