[Remind-Fans] getting desktop popups on different systems

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Apr 6 14:08:55 EDT 2012

On Fri, 6 Apr 2012 12:49:29 -0500
tamouse mailing lists <tamouse.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to be able to have a conditional that determines which OS
> is running (possibly by querying uname) and set the program in the
> reminder file itself. Any suggestions as to how I might do this?

Wouldn't it be easier to write a little shell script called
"popup-reminder" or something and have that call the appropriate
program on each system?  The Linux "popup-reminder" would call the Linux
program and the Mac OS one would call the Mac OS program.

Then in your Reminders file, you just use:

REM ... RUN /usr/local/bin/popup-reminder ...

Regards,

David.