[Remind-Fans] Is this possible?

Reid Thompson Reid.Thompson at ateb.com
Thu Apr 19 14:11:43 EDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-04-19 at 14:50 -0300, Sector_11 wrote:
> NOOB ALERT!
> I am not a programmer and know "0" about writing scripts.
>
> But I would love to use remind in my conky, and in one aspect it does
> work very well, except it's wider than the 12 text files and calendar I
> use now.
>
> http://i.imgbox.com/aacEDSzg.png
>
> Is there a command that will output something like this:
>
>   12:18:44 ~
>          $ rem -??
> April, 2012
> 02 ß LilSis (?)
> 04 ß Jennifer B
> 05 ß Ivan C.
> 06 ß Jarrod
> 15 ß Donna
> 15 ß Daniel
> 19 @ S11|12 Day
> 24 ß Mark
> 26 The €agle Flies
>
>   12:19:47 ~
>          $
>
> where -?? would be the command?
> And for my purposes the "April, 12" would not be necessary either if
> you look at the image - the output sits under a calendar - but totally
> acceptable.

$ rem | cut -c9-10,19-
where rem is whatever you ran to produce

2012/04/02 * * * * B LilSis (?)
2012/04/04 * * * * B Jennifer B
2012/04/05 * * * * B Ivan C
2012/04/06 * * * * B Jarrod
2012/04/15 * * * * B Donna

i.e. pipe the output above through cut, printing out the characters at
positions 9 through 10, and 19 til the end of the line