[Remind-Fans] Remind CalDAV adapter release

Ben Boeckel mathstuf at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 02:45:04 EDT 2013

On Tue, 11 Jun, 2013 at 15:30:18 GMT, Jochen Sprickerhof wrote:
> I've just pushed the first version of my Remind CalDAV adapter to
> Github:
>            https://github.com/jspricke/Radicale/
>
> I've used the Radicale CalDAV server as a base and added a special
> storage adapter to translate between the remind and iCalendar syntax.
> What's working:
> - Two way sync between CalDAV and remind (tested using the aCal app on
>   Android resp. sync into the Android calendar using the CalDAV Sync
>   Adapter).
> - Initial support for a standalone mode to convert from Remind to ics
>   (rem2ics.pl replacement).

Cool!

Is it possible to rip the core code out of Radicale and ship it
separately then use that code (probably conditionally since it'd be a
brand new project)? I just glanced over the code and I'm not sure how
much work this would involve.

It'd be nice to have a utility I can use with DAVical (which I use) or
whatever storage server becomes popular (I can see folks wanting to be
able to pull/push directly from iCloud or Google for work or family
syncing.

FYI, I also see a hard-coded Europe/Berlin TZ in the code.

> Please not that this is tied to a Abook adapter at the moment, so you
> need to set up a fake file for that adapter as well, if you don't use
> Abook. Patches to disentangle this welcome!

To me, this isn't a big issue (though I do have issues with abook and am
looking to replace it), but maybe it is for someone else.

--Ben