[Remind-Fans] Remind CalDAV adapter release

Jochen Sprickerhof remind at jochen.sprickerhof.de
Thu Jun 13 01:12:48 EDT 2013

* Ben Boeckel <mathstuf at gmail.com> [2013-06-12 06:45]:
> On Tue, 11 Jun, 2013 at 15:30:18 GMT, Jochen Sprickerhof wrote:
> > - Initial support for a standalone mode to convert from Remind to ics
> >   (rem2ics.pl replacement).
>
> Is it possible to rip the core code out of Radicale and ship it
> separately then use that code (probably conditionally since it'd be a
> brand new project)? I just glanced over the code and I'm not sure how
> much work this would involve.

As I wrote, there is initial support for a rem2ics.pl replacement and
adding ical2ram should be easy. Distributing it separately needs some
work as it uses one data structure which is Radicale specific atm.
Still, moving the core into a separate lib sounds like a nice goal for
the future.

> It'd be nice to have a utility I can use with DAVical (which I use) or
> whatever storage server becomes popular (I can see folks wanting to be
> able to pull/push directly from iCloud or Google for work or family
> syncing.

Afaik this is already possible with rem2ics.pl. Just to get this
straight, these adapters let Radicale use remind files as a storage
backend, so you don't have to push them to an other server.

> FYI, I also see a hard-coded Europe/Berlin TZ in the code.

Thx, it's on my todo (send a pull request if you need it changed sooner
;) ).

Cheers Jochen