[Remind-Fans] Remind FAQ about »How ca I get emailed in 15 minutes ...« is wrong

Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff niklaas at kulturflatrate.net
Tue Sep 23 14:24:40 EDT 2014

Hi,

I am very happy with remind and am currently setting it up. Hence, I
also had a look at the Remind FAQ in the Wiki. There, it is explained
how to get emailed 15 minutes before an event starts. I think, there is
a slight mistake. Please have a look at the following code from the
wiki.

    remind -z -k'echo "%s" | mail -s "reminder" username' ~/.reminders &

Enclosing %s with "" causes the escape sequences for special characters
being sent within the email. So, the command should rather be without
the "". This way, the mail is not full of backslashes (which is nicer :).

Best,

--
Niklaas

Baudet von Gersdorff