[Remind-Fans] curious parsing of AT clause ignores times

Ian! D. Allen idallen at idallen.ca
Wed May 27 15:04:11 EDT 2015

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 01:22:46PM -0400, Dianne Skoll wrote:
> > I expected an error message about "more than one time; only using
> > 23:59":
> Fixed in git; you can pull down http://git.roaringpenguin.com/Remind.git
> to get the fix.

Well, yes, but instead of falling back to the previous behaviour of
generating the event with the last time given, you now don't generate
any event at all.  Why not continue to generate an event?

If I ran the zoo, I'd be inclined to keep the old behaviour (use the
last time on the line) and issue the error message as well, so people
who used this "feature" still get their old reminders but have to go in
and clean up to get rid of the error.

If there were a large number of people who used the old behaviour (i.e.
more than zero), I might document "only the last time on the line is
used; the others are ignored and you won't know unless -v is used" and
only issue a warning message if -v were used.  (Kind of the Perl model
for warnings.)

Now, you said you were busy, so are you fixing silly little remind bugs
instead of doing what you're *really* supposed to be doing?  (I know I'm
spending time in remind finding errors instead of doing what I'm really
supposed to be doing.)