[Remind-Fans] Deduplication?

hymie at lactose.homelinux.net hymie at lactose.homelinux.net
Fri Jun 26 13:37:17 EDT 2015

So I've started playing with having different .reminders files, primarily,
work stuff and home stuff.  I don't need my change-the-passwords-today
listed on my home calendar, and I don't need my dance lessons on my work
calendar.  However, sometimes, they coincide, like my upcoming vacation.

So I have

omit 1 jul 2015 through 7 jul 2015 msg las vegas
REM 1 jul 2015 through 7 jul 2015 SPECIAL SHADE 150

in my "personal" .reminders file, and

SET n $NumTrig
[...]
omit 1 jul 2015 through 7 jul 2015 msg las vegas
[...]
IF $NumTrig > n
   REM SPECIAL SHADE 150
ENDIF

in my "work" .reminders file.  So my "default" .reminders includes
both home-stuff and work-stuff, and lists my vacation twice.

(caution: monospace font ahead)

+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+
|  Sunday  |  Monday  | Tuesday  |Wednesday | Thursday |  Friday  | Saturday |
+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+
|28 Jun    |29 Jun    |30 Jun    |1 Jul     |2 Jul     |3 Jul     |4 Jul     |
|          |          |          |          |          |          |          |
|          |Lesson    |          |las vegas |las vegas |independen|las vegas |
|          |with Dave |          |          |          |ce day    |          |
|          |8pm       |          |las vegas |las vegas |          |las vegas |
|          |Promenade |          |          |          |las vegas |          |
|          |#5        |          |          |          |          |          |
|          |          |          |          |          |las vegas |          |

Is there something I can add to let remind know that "these are the
same event, so don't let it trigger twice" ?

I suspect the correct answer is "I need separate files for home stuff,
work stuff, and everything-stuff" but that's a route I'd rather not follow.
It's handy, for example, to have my vacations trigger "omit" clauses
in my work events.

Thanks.

--hymie!    http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie    hymie at lactose.homelinux.net
My fitbit says I've walked 4267 steps today (as of 13:26).