[Remind-Fans] Deduplication?

Dianne Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Jun 26 17:09:12 EDT 2015

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 13:37:17 -0400
hymie at lactose.homelinux.net wrote:

> So I've started playing with having different .reminders files,
> primarily, work stuff and home stuff.  I don't need my
> change-the-passwords-today listed on my home calendar, and I don't
> need my dance lessons on my work calendar.  However, sometimes, they
> coincide, like my upcoming vacation.

I separate out stuff into their own files and include as needed.

So I'd have something like:

   vacations.rem  -- Vacations

   personal.rem   -- Personal reminders
       include vacations.rem
       include ... other personal stuff

   work.rem       -- Work reminders
       include vacations.rem
       include ... other work-related stuff

   both.rem       -- Both
       include vacations.rem
       include ... other personal stuff
       include ... other work-related stuff

And then you can generate a personal-only, work-only, or combined calendar.