[Remind-Fans] mail2rem; search your mails for calendars

Evgenii Sovetkin e.sovetkin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 10:30:40 EST 2015

Hello everyone,

almost all booking companies include to their mails a calendar with
your event/reservation date and time in *.ics format.  Therefore I and
my friend have written a small wrapper script in bash for
automatically searching calendars in your Maildir and converting them
to Remind.

The script uses notmuch (mail indexer) and ical2rem (perl script for
converting *.ics to *.rem). It has a functionality to look into these
mails, which have not beet processed yet. Therefore, the script is
quite fast.

It should be run regularly (e.g. in crontab).

Here is the git link:
 * https://github.com/esovetkin/mail2rem

And for those, who uses archlinux, I have made an AUR-package:
mail2rem-git.

Any suggestions and improvements are welcome!

Kind regards,

Jenya Sovetkin