[Remind-Fans] need operator to put SPECIAL text in plain text reminder

Ian! D. Allen idallen at idallen.ca
Wed Nov 25 21:38:46 EST 2015

I have reminders that I want to appear HTML-formatted in the calendar
and also in my regular plain text email message (no HTML).  I have to
use two statements to do this currently:

REM MSG %"%"Some Text Here
REM SPECIAL HTML <span style="background-color: yellow">Some Text Here</span>

The lovely %"...%" operator tells remind which part of the MSG reminder
text to put in the calendar, but what I need is an operator that says what
part of the SPECIAL text should be put in plain text reminder, e.g. if
%! did what I wanted then I could write just one line instead of two:

REM SPECIAL HTML <span style="background-color: yellow">%!Some Text Here%!</span>