[Remind-Fans] nested includes -- this file should only be included

hymie at lactose.homelinux.net hymie at lactose.homelinux.net
Mon May 23 12:09:15 EDT 2016

So what I'd **like** to do is have a .reminders file that is specifically
intended to be included by another .reminders file, and not run directly.

In theory, if I were to run

remind .reminders.d/dontrun

it would respond with an error message

"Don't use this file directly.  Do this instead:
remind -iextrastuff=1 .reminders.d/masterfile"

The question is, how can I do that?

The only method I see easily is that (according to the man page)

THE INCLUDE COMMAND
       Remind allows you to include other files in your reminder script,
       similar to the C preprocessor #include directive.
       INCLUDE files can be nested up to a depth of 8.

Is my nesting level available to me in a variable? Then I can test

if ($nestlevel = 0)
  ERRMSG the error message
  EXIT
endif