[Remind-Fans] missing advance warning of repeating events

Ian! D. Allen idallen at idallen.ca
Wed May 25 13:02:41 EDT 2016

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 11:53:37AM -0400, Dianne Skoll wrote:
> On Wed, 25 May 2016 11:38:42 -0400 "Ian! D. Allen" <idallen at idallen.ca> wrote:
> > How can I get *all* the advance notices that lie within 99 days?
> You can't, with just one reminder.
> I'm unlikely to make changes to accomodate this.

Let me try a different slant.

"remind -s" outputs a text calendar that almost has the information I need
(events repeated into the future on the days they occur), except that
it shows only the MSG stuff inside %"...%" quotes, not the whole MSG line.

How can I make remind show me the whole line?

I can kludge it somewhat by removing most %" like this (simplified):

    $ sed -e 's/%"//g' <.reminders | remind -s -

but it really should be remind that parses the line and not a general
text substitution because the above removes more than it should ("%")
and less than it should (%\"%\").