[Remind-Fans] {posible spam} Re: SPECIAL, trigdate(), and expression pasting

Sector11 Sector11 at fibertel.com.ar
Mon Jun 13 08:25:38 EDT 2016

I'm sorry but in Dianne's defence, which I'm sure she doesn't need, the manpage
is quite clear:

Under the THE REM COMMAND (line 251) we see:

on line 258:
| SATISFY | SPECIAL special | PS |

and a little further down under the same section on line 303, note the second
sentence:
------------------------------
A SPECIAL-type reminder is used to pass "out-of-band" information from Remind
to a calendar-producing back-end.  It should be followed by a word indicating
the type of special data being passed.  The type of a special reminder depends
on the back-end.  For the Rem2PS back-end, SPECIAL PostScript is equiva‐ lent
to a PS-type reminder, and SPECIAL PSFile is equivalent to a PSFILE-type
reminder.  The body of a SPECIAL reminder is obviously dependent upon the
back-end.

And starting on line 2921 - all things SPECIAL:

OUT-OF-BAND REMINDERS
       The SPECIAL keyword is used to transmit "out-of-band" information to
Remind backends, such as tkremind or  Rem2PS.   They are used only when piping
data from a remind -p line.  (Note that the COLOR special is an exception; it
downgrades to the equivalent of MSG in remind's normal mode of operation.)

I'm a noob, but I can read, you took that one line out of context.